Sunday, November 14, 2010

Scored Flower Tutorial

These flowers are really easy and only take a couple of minutes to make each one.

First you need to strips of paper cut in the same size. You can cut them in what ever size that you want your flowers to be. For this flower I cut the paper in 12 x 2 inch strips.
Next score the paper strips in equal measurements. I used 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch increments for the flowers. I scored this flower in 1/2 inch increments. I used the Martha Stewart Score board. Makes scoring super easy and it has the measurements right on it. Once your strips are scored, fold them into accordian folds.
Glue both strips together. I used hot glue. I like to use hot glue because it fast drying and it holds well. Glue the other end to form a circle.
Flatten the circle and form it into the flower shape and add some hot glue in the middle. Hold the flower until the glue dries.
Add an embellishment in the middle of the flower to accent the flower and create the center.
For the flowers that I created on the wreath, I used punched circles, burlap circles, and buttons to accent them.


Enjoy!!!
Andrea





1 comment:

  1. How pretty! Thanks for the great directions, too! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails